Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Pedestal Table...YAY!!!

So I FINALLY found a pedestal table for my kitchen!  I have been looking for FOREVER but with no luck (probably b/c I wanted CHEAP).  My dear crafty friend, Beckey, spotted one at Goodwill last week for me and sent me pictures.  It was $50 and came with 2 leafs ("leaves" even when you are talking about furniture?  which is it?).  Anywhoo, I wasn't supposed to leave the house b/c I had just had surgery, but Marty and I went to check it out.  I was debating ($50 isn't expensive but this table needs more than just paint) until the guy who worked there said he would pay me to take it!  haha!   OK!!!!  So I asked him to make me a good deal and I would take it right then.  He did!  $30!  AND, b/c I am uber thrifty and like to save even just a few pennies, I cashed in on Goodwill's military discount (saved 10%).  So for $28 I walked away with a new table to paint and recreate for my kitchen.  I HAD a dining room at one point in my life, but it has been replaced with a baby grand piano SO I needed a smaller table to fit my kitchen.  I am too cheap to buy new....not to mention I like painting and reinventing furniture....so this will be a fun before and after project for me.  I am taking votes on color!  I LOVE blue and green, but white is easy and classic and neutral.  Input invited!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment